Living away from Minnesota and being a Personal Representative

Non MN Resident Personal RepresentativeCan a non resident of Minnesota serve as a Personal Representative during the probate probate process?  Yes, under Minnesota rule 524.3-602, a non resident can serve as a Personal Representative in Minnesota if they live in another part of the United States or in a foreign country.

The non resident Personal Representative submits to the jurisdiction of a specific probate court in Minnesota when he or she accepts appointment as the Personal Representative.  Thus, a non Minnesota resident can serve as a Personal Representative in the probate process in Minnesota.