Health care directive requirements change often. I challenge you to find your directive and make sure it included the following:
- Signed by the person making the declaration,
- Includes updated health care needs,
- Contact information for loved ones (like their new cell phone number) are accurate,
- A copy was given to every doctor seen in the last few years, and
- Signature was verified by a notary and two unrelated witnesses.
If you need help with a directive, please contact me directly. Otherwise, here is a free health care directive.